Assalamualaikum wbt. & Greetings
This is an Open Invitation to the above Workshop which is conducted in collaboration with the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) Biological Threat Reduction Program (BTRP). Due to the limited number of spaces, we can only select FIFTEEN (15) MyOHUN members to the workshop.
2. The purpose of this workshop is to provide participants with the skills to develop competitive research proposals and familiarize them with the process of applying for international grant funding. Because this program is sponsored by BTRP, participants will focus attention specifically on developing a proposal to the program’s Fundamental Research Broad Agency Announcement (BAA)
3. KINDLY NOTE
that BTRP is particularly interested in research projects to improve
biosurveillance for pathogens that are included on the U.S. Select
Agents and Toxins list including syndromic surveillance (acute febrile
illness, acute encephalitis syndrome, etc.). The U.S. Select Agents and
Toxins can be viewed in the following link:
4. The dates and venue for the Workshop are:
Dates: 2 – 6 DECEMBER 2019 2 – 6 MARCH 2020
Venue: To be confirmed
5. SELECTED PARTICIPANTS ARE REQUIRED TO ATTEND BOTH WORKSHOPS. PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU ARE AVAILABLE ON THOSE DATES BEFORE REGISTERING.
6. ONCE YOU HAVE REGISTERED, PLEASE SEND THE FOLLOWING TO ME (ON OR BEFORE 14 OCT):a. Current CVb. A
write-up of no more than 300 words on the research idea within the BTRP
mission space (see #3 above) that could be developed throughout these
workshops7. FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THE REQUIREMENTS AND DETAILS ON THE WORKSHOP, PLEASE READ CAREFULLY THE ATTACHED DOCUMENTS AND ENSURE THAT YOU ARE ABLE TO FULFILL THE PARTICIPANT SELECTION CRITERIA.
Interested participants are required to confirm their attendance by completing the online registration form via the following link:
8. The registration closing date will be at 5pm on 23 OCTOBER 2019 after which the registration will be closed and the NCO will select the FIFTEEN names registered.
If additional information regarding this workshop is needed, please do not hesitate to contact:
Raja Khairul Adli, Project Manager, MyOHUN NCO
We look forward to your favorable response by 23 OCTOBER 2019 via the online registration form.