On 5 February 2020 New Straits Times reported that, there are 2 new 2019-nCoV cases in 2 Malaysians who returned from Wuhan
PUTRAJAYA: The Health Ministry today confirmed two new novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) cases in two Malaysians who had returned from Wuhan, China, yesterday.
Its minister Datuk Seri Dr. Dzulkefly Ahmad said the father and son, aged 45 and 9, were among 105 individuals who were transported to a monitoring center at the Higher Education Leadership Academy (AKEPT) in Bandar Enstek, Nilai, Negri Sembilan.
Both were reported to be in stable condition and were receiving treatment at Tuanku Ja’afar Hospital in Seremban.
This brings the total positive 2019-nCoV cases to 12. From the total, nine are Chinese nationals.
Another two Malaysians who did not pass their initial health screening upon arrival at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) from Wuhan, meanwhile, tested negative for the virus.
AirAsia flight AK8256 carrying 107 Malaysians and their non-citizen family members touched down at KLIA at 5.57am yesterday.
They were evacuated from Hubei province’s capital city, Wuhan, which is the epicenter of the 2019-nCoV outbreak which had killed nearly 500 people and infected over 20,000.
Dr. Dzulkefly said the remaining 131 passengers on the flight, which include 26 government officers and flight crew involved in the mission, were being monitored for 14 days.
Below is data taken from the Malaysiakini website – UPDATED 11.20AM | FEB 11|
Here’s what we know so far: (The number of cases detected, deaths, recoveries and countries affected are accurate as of the time of writing.)
Global death toll: 1,013. All patients in mainland China except 1 China national in the Philippines and 1 in Hong Kong.
Number of confirmed cases: Over 42,759 globally, of this 42,299* are in mainland China, 3,344 recovered
Malaysia has recorded 18 cases, 0 deaths, 3 recoveries