Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, subscribe to the newsletter, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, phone number. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Web browser cookies
How we use collected information
MyOHUN may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:
- – To improve customer service
Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- – To personalize user experience
We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- – To improve our Site
We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- – To process payments
We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- – To run a promotion, contest, survey or other Site feature
To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- – To send periodic emails
We may use the email address to send User information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
NOTICE UNDER THE PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION ACT 2010
In view of the recent enforcement of the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“Act“) in Malaysia, MyOHUN, is in the midst of exercising compliance of the Act. This Notice shall serve as our endeavours to keep you informed and to help you better understand the manner in which your personal data is managed and to give you the options available to you to access or limit the use of the information provided. The Act also requires MyOHUN to obtain your consent for the usage and processing of your personal data.
Categories of Personal Data that we collect
Under the Act, personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable person is someone who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identification number or the person’s physical, physiological, mental, economic, cultural or social characteristics (“Personal Data”).
For the purpose of this Notice, the Personal Data collected and processed by us may include but not limited to:
- Name, Identity Card number and date of birth;
- Contact details including address, phone number(s) and email address;
- Educational background and institute;
- Occupation and place of employment;
- Credit card details;
- Any other personal data required for the purposes as set out below.
Purpose of collecting your Personal Data
The Personal Data previously collected from you is being, and will continue to be used for the following purposes including but not limited to:
- To verify your identity
- To administer your user account with any related site maintained and operated by MyOHUN (collectively, the “Sites”);
- To facilitate access to and use of the Sites and services relating to your application or user account;
- To confirm, update and enhance your records;
- To conduct market research and/or statistical analysis;
- For marketing purposes (subject to any objections received and/or consents obtained, for which see below);
- To communicate our latest initiatives via SMS blast, telemarketing, or email blast; and
- To respond and to your requests, complaints, or inquiries made via call, email, letters, faxes, or our social media platforms.
Disclosure of Personal Data
Your Personal Data will be kept confidential but such Personal Data may be provided to the following parties for the purposes set out above:
- Government agencies that work closely with MyOHUN for the purpose of carrying out the mandate of the Government of Malaysia;
- Participating members of MyOHUN programs or initiatives that have participated in or intend to participate in;
- Subsidiaries, holding companies, associated companies or affiliates of MyOHUN;
- Companies solely or jointly-controlled by MyOHUN;
- A person or company acting on behalf of MyOHUN;
- Any other person or company, who has undertaken to keep such information confidential, provided they have a right to such information; and
- Any other person(s) or governmental authorities required or permitted by law.
Personal data and information provided by you will not be processed for any other purposes contrary to what is set out in Paragraph 2 above. MyOHUN will not disclose Personal Data and information obtained to any other third party apart from those set out in this Paragraph 3 without your consent.
Non-Provision of Personal Data
In the event that sufficient Personal Data is not supplied or is not satisfactory to us, then your application or request to us for any of the above mentioned purposes may not be accepted or acted upon or your request to browse some information on the Sites may be denied or we will not be able to provide the full range of services through the Websites.
The submission of your Personal Data to us for the above mentioned purposes in Paragraph 2 shall be deemed as your express consent for us to process and to disclose your Personal Data and any updates of your information, for the purposes and/or for any other purposes related to the purpose.
Security of Personal Data
MyOHUN is taking prudent steps to safeguard the confidentiality and security of all Personal Data, including appropriate procedural, organizational and technical steps to protect Personal Data from accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration or disclosure. These steps include entering into written agreements with subcontractors who process Personal Data in accordance with MyOHUN’s instructions and incorporating MyOHUN own data protection standards as a minimum.
MyOHUN has reasonable security policies and procedures in place to protect Personal Data from unauthorized loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction. Despite our best efforts, however, security cannot be absolutely guaranteed against all threats. To the best of our ability, access to your Personal Data is limited to those who have a need to know. Those individuals who have access to the Personal Data are required to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
Retention of Personal Data
MyOHUN will take all reasonable steps to ensure that:
- Personal Data are retained only for so long as the information is necessary to comply with your request or until you request that the information be deleted according to our internal procedures; and
- the Personal Data is destroyed or permanently deleted, where possible, after the purpose is served.
Malaysia One Health University Network (MyOHUN)
This document was last updated on 7 December 2020.